Delight your favorite home cook with one of these kitchen gifts! They range from small gift ideas to must-have cookware and all-star appliances.
This post contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission when you make a purchase through links on our site.
Hey friends! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I’m not sharing a recipe today, because I’m personally all cooked out after yesterday, and I thought you might be too. Instead, I’m highlighting 10 great kitchen gifts now that the next holiday season is upon us.
In my opinion, these kitchen gift ideas are all must-have items for people who love to cook. If you have a passionate home cook in your life, you’d blow them away with any of these kitchen gifts. Or, if you’re the head chef in your house, add one to your wishlist this year!
My Vitamix Blender is my most-used kitchen appliance – I’ve had it for almost ten years now and it’s still going strong. I think it’s an invaluable tool for anyone who does a lot of plant-based cooking, as it blends vegetables, fruits, and nuts (no soaking required!) into the smoothest, silkiest smoothies, sauces, and soups.
I use my Dutch oven so often that it’s always sitting out on my stovetop. I never put it away! It’s my go-to pot for making soups, stews, risottos, pastas, and sauces, and Jack also uses it to bake bread.
I love that a Dutch oven can go from the stove to the oven and back again, and it’s excellent at retaining and conducting heat. I recommend choosing an enameled cast-iron Dutch oven, as it won’t require any seasoning, and it’s easy to clean with just soap and water. My favorite brands are Staub and Le Creuset. They are investment pieces, but they will last you a lifetime. For more affordable alternatives, I recommend Lodge or this cute Magnolia Hearth & Hand one.
For my favorite Dutch oven recipes, check out this post!
A KitchenAid Stand Mixer is the ULTIMATE kitchen gift for anyone who loves to bake. They’ll use it to make cookies, cakes, bread, pizza dough, and more! Plus, it comes in an array of fun colors (I’m obsessed with this dark matte one), and it lasts for years.
I reach for a 10- inch or 11-inch cast-iron skillet nearly every day. It conducts heat incredibly well, which makes it ideal for searing or browning veggies, and it can go in the oven, which I love if I’m cooking socca or a frittata. As with Dutch ovens, I prefer enameled cast-iron skillets because they’re easy to clean and don’t require any seasoning. I recommend Staub, Le Creuset, or Lodge.
More Favorite Kitchen Gifts
These smaller items are fantastic kitchen gifts, too!
- Microplane zester – Essential for zesting citrus and grating garlic, fresh ginger, and hard cheeses like Parmesan. This mini one is handy too.
- Mini Silicone spatulas – I use these every time I cook! They’re great for mixing up just about anything, and I love that they’re small, flexible, and easy to clean.
- OXO Julienne peeler – Know a veggie lover? This special peeler will help them make veggie “noodles” or precisely cut veggies for dishes like this carrot salad or this broccoli slaw.
- Mandoline slicer – It shaves veggies into impossibly thin slices. I often use it when I’m making salads or pickling vegetables like onions or radishes.
- Our cookbooks! The Love & Lemons Cookbook and Love & Lemons Every Day both make great gifts.
Have a wonderful weekend! We’ll be back with more recipes soon. 🙂