A faulty powerpoint is the suspected cause of the fire.
“All of our memories are gone,”Souliman Habib said.
Their neighbour Akeya Wright said there was “no stopping” the fire once it broke out.
“Hoses weren’t going to work or anything like that,” Ms Wright said.
“She wanted to go in there and fight the fire, but we were saying to her ‘it’s gone too far, you need to get out’,” Ms Wright said.
Two dogs, a cat and a rabbit were also saved.
Today the family returned to salvage what was left.
Fire and Rescue NSW Inspector Craig Easy said the incident highlighted the importance of smoke alarms.
“Working smoke alarms in the house alerted the kids to the fire,” Mr Easy said.