Chef José Andrés is something of a divine force in the culinary world, and whether you are having an epic dining experience at one of his restaurants or following his incredible humanitarian work through World Central Kitchen, he’s always creating new reasons to be left in awe.
But his latest project has brought his brilliance right into our home kitchens, and we couldn’t be more excited. Andrés has announced a new partnership with Goldbelly that will bring his legendary dishes into homes nationwide, and includes course options from aperitivo all the way through to dessert.
“For many years I’ve been personally inspired by the work and passion of Chef José Andrés,” said Joe Ariel, founder & CEO of Goldbelly, in a statement. “In addition to his tremendous humanitarian work, José has introduced the incredible flavors of Spain to an American audience,” said Ariel, who shared he can’t can’t wait to order his own paella kit.
Initial offerings include the following kits:
- José’s Iconic Paella Dinner Kit (serves 3, $179 + free shipping): Paella is probably the most instantly recognizable dish in Spanish cuisine, and this meal kit will include all the ingredients needed to recreate Chef José’s’ Paella de Gamba Roja with succulent red shrimp, saffron, and even a paella pan.
- José’s “Secretly” Perfect Iberico Pork Steak Dinner (serves 4, $199 + free shipping): This meal kit features a succulent cut of pork from the Iberico pig’s shoulder,along with sides like aioli sauce and pan con tomate .
- Spanish Ribeye Steak Dinner Kit (serves 6, $329 + free shipping): Planning a big family dinner for the holidays? This one is the winner, as it features a giant Wagyu ribeye along with all the fixings to make a green salad with gem lettuce, spring onions, smoky confit piquillo peppers and a sherry vinaigrette .
- Tapas the José Andrés Way (serves 4-6, $179 + free shipping): Perfect for an at-home tapas night, this includes some of Chef José’s favorite light bites, including chicken croquetas, a loaf of airy Pan de Cristal for pan con tomate, Manchego cheese, aged Ibérico ham, salchichón ibérico de bellota, and chorizo ibérico de bellota.
- Burnt Basque Cheesecake (serves 12, $119 + free shipping): Leave room for dessert! This is a perfect cheesecake to finish any dinner party (or any night at home you need a sweet finishing touch for!).
“I opened Mercado Little Spain so people could experience firsthand my love of Spain, from the culture to the cuisine,” said Chef José Andrés in a statement. “I want to bring the tastiest bite of jamón ibérico, the celebration of a tapas party, and the decadent unparalleled texture and flavor of a Basque cheesecake to every home in America. With Goldbelly, now everyone can embrace the Spanish spirit!”
During the pandemic, Goldbelly was an essential part of bringing the world of fine dining and celebrity chefs into our homes at a time when dining out was often impossible. Now that people are venturing out again, it’s exciting to see them continue to raise the bar of the at-home dining experience. Nights out are pretty great, but don’t underestimate the power of a really special meal right in your own dining room.