This easy champagne French dressing will make any salad sparkle. With simply 6 elements, it is shiny, refreshing, and SO simple to make.
Pop the champagne (French dressing)! This shiny, citrusy salad dressing has turn into one in every of my favorites these days, and I believe you want it in your again pocket too.
Let me inform you why I find it irresistible. Compared to its extra assertive cousins (say, balsamic or white wine vinegar), champagne vinegar has a quieter, extra delicate taste. As a end result, this champagne French dressing is right for drizzling over the tender lettuces, herbs, and different greens which are in season at the moment of yr. It provides them pep and zing, nevertheless it doesn’t overwhelm their pure candy, earthy, and herbaceous flavors. So, if you end up tossing collectively a facet salad within the subsequent couple of weeks, bear in mind: this champagne French dressing could be the proper technique to costume it up.
Champagne Vinaigrette Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll have to make this champagne French dressing:
- Champagne vinegar – This delicate vinegar is crisp and fruity. It provides tang to the dressing with out being too sharp.
- Fresh orange juice – Don’t attain for store-bought orange juice if you make this dressing. Instead, squeeze an orange your self! The recent juice brings out the fruity notes within the vinegar and provides zesty taste to the dressing.
- Honey or maple syrup – For stability.
- Dijon mustard – For a peppery, tangy kick.
- Extra-virgin olive oil – It provides the dressing physique.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Find the entire recipe with measurements under.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the vinegar, orange juice, honey, mustard, and salt.
As you whisk, slowly pour within the olive oil to emulsify the dressing.
Alternatively, you possibly can place all of the dressing elements in a small lidded jar and shake to mix. That’s it!
Store the dressing in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Champagne Vinaigrette Serving Suggestions
This champagne French dressing will elevate all kinds of salads. Toss it with a easy inexperienced salad, or attempt utilizing it rather than the salad dressing in any of those recipes:
Not within the temper for a salad? Drizzle this home made French dressing over roasted, steamed, or sautéed veggies as a substitute. We find it irresistible on roasted fennel, cauliflower, and beets in addition to sautéed broccoli rabe and steamed broccoli.
How do you want to make use of champagne French dressing? Let me know within the feedback!
More Favorite Salad Dressing Recipes
If you’re keen on this champagne French dressing, attempt one in every of these home made salad dressings subsequent:
Serves 6 to eight
With simply 6 elements, this champagne French dressing recipe is fast and straightforward to make! Toss it with a easy inexperienced salad, or drizzle it over roasted or sautéed veggies. Stored in an hermetic container, it’ll hold for as much as 5 days within the fridge.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons recent orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon sea salt
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the vinegar, orange juice, honey, mustard, and salt. While whisking, slowly drizzle within the olive oil to emulsify the dressing.
See the weblog submit above for serving options in your champagne French dressing.