Coconut Macaroons-chewy on the within and barely crisp on the skin, these macaroons are perfection! They are bursting with coconut taste and SO good dipped in chocolate. Bonus, they’re gluten-free too!
If you want coconut, you might be in for an actual deal with! These Coconut Macaroons are the final word coconut dessert, a real traditional! We love making these coconut cookies for Passover, Easter, Christmas…actually anytime of the yr.
The macaroons are mushy and chewy on the within and barely crisp on the skin, similar to a macaroon needs to be! They are good on their very own, however I like to recommend including a chocolate to the combination! Give them slightly dunk in chocolate and a candy drizzle and you may be in macaroon heaven!
You are going to like these traditional cookies!
What is the distinction between Macarons and Macaroons?
Macarons and Macaroons are very totally different treats! Yes, they’re spelled virtually the identical, however that’s the solely factor they’ve in widespread.
- MACARON: it is a meringue-based cookie. They’re small, spherical, and are available in numerous colours with a ganache or buttercream frosting. Macarons are fairly troublesome to make and require a number of persistence! It’s pronounced mack-ah-ROHN, rhyming with prawn.
- MACAROON: that is what we’re making right this moment! It’s a coconut-based cookie that comes collectively in only a couple minutes. Anyone could make tasty macaroons! This one is pronounces mack-a-ROON, rhyming with spoon.
One of the various perks of those yummy coconut macaroons is that they’re gluten-free. No fancy substitutions wanted, that’s simply the way in which they’re made! So if you understand somebody who’s avoiding gluten, that is the recipe for them. And BONUS in the event that they love coconut! They are additionally the right deal with for Passover as a result of their isn’t any flour concerned.
For such a tasty deal with, it is a surprisingly quick ingredient checklist! It’s additionally principally pantry staples. I find it irresistible when that occurs!
- Sweetened condensed milk– search for sweetened condensed milk within the baking aisle. It has a thick, wealthy, and creamy texture and may be very candy. It is NOT the identical as evaporated milk.
- Egg white– you don’t want the yolk for this cookie recipe.
- Vanilla extract– I all the time use pure vanilla extract.
- Salt– to reinforce the flavors.
- Coconut flakes– I exploit sweetened shredded coconut.
- Chocolate– I prefer to dip the macaroons in chocolate, however you may take pleasure in them plain. For dipping, use the very best high quality chocolate you may–it makes a distinction! We LOVE darkish chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate with these macaroons.
How to Make Coconut Macaroons
These cookies are tremendous straightforward to make! The dough is gooey, and never like your typical cookie dough although. Just a heads up:)
- Get all prepped by preheating your oven (325 levels F) and lining two baking sheets with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- I like to make use of a big mixing bowl as a result of this dough is so sticky, I don’t need it spilling over! Combine the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla, and salt and provides it a superb combine. Add the coconut in final.
- Start scooping out dough! You’ll need every macaroon to have about 2 tablespoons of dough, and provides them 2 inches in between each other on the pan.
- Use your palms to type them into mounds with a peak on the prime. This is sticky, sticky enterprise. You might have to clean or rinse your palms in between forming cookies!
- Bake the macaroons till they flip a golden brown. I really like the odor of toasted coconut, so these are like heaven in my oven!
- Let the cookies cool till they’re agency and set on the baking sheet. This will solely take about 5 minutes, after which you may transfer them onto a cooling rack.
- Now the chocolate! Melt the chocolate chunks or chips in a microwave secure bowl, stirring each 20 seconds till it’s clean and melted. You might additionally do that utilizing a double broiler on the range.
- Use a big sheet of parchment paper to maintain issues from sticking. Dip the macaroons into the chocolate till simply the bottoms are lined, then set them onto the parchment paper to dry.
- If you’ve further chocolate, drizzle it over the tops of the cookies!
- Once the chocolate is about up, take pleasure in your scrumptious Coconut Macaroons!
How to Store
Place coconut macaroons in an air tight container and retailer on the counter for as much as 4 days. They will hold within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks.
You also can freeze the cookies in a freezer container for as much as 3 months. In an hermetic container, layer the macaroons between items of parchment paper in order that they don’t stick collectively. Thaw on the counter earlier than serving.
Make positive you utilize contemporary coconut and don’t over-bake the macaroons. Every oven is totally different so if it’s your first time baking them, I like to recommend checking at quarter-hour to be secure.
Yes, they’re a flourless cookie. If you might be dipping them in chocolate, be sure to use a gluten-free chocolate.
Macaroons will unfold slightly when baking, however not lots. If your macaroons are spreading an excessive amount of, the coconut combination could be too heat. You can strive chilling the combination for 20-Half-hour earlier than baking. Also, be sure to don’t add an excessive amount of sweetened condensed milk.
More Cookie Recipes
Coconut Macaroons Dipped in Chocolate
Chewy on the within and barely crisp on the skin, these macaroons are perfection! They are bursting with coconut taste and SO good dipped in chocolate. Bonus, they’re gluten-free too!
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 giant egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 12 ounces chopped chocolate, for dipping cookies
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
In a big bowl, stir collectively the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir till mixed. Add within the coconut and blend properly.
With a spoon, scoop up about 2 Tablespoons of the dough and place the dough balls on the baking sheets-about 2 inches aside. Form the cookies into mounds which have a peak on the prime. Use your hands-squeeze the dough collectively and create a degree on the prime. Your palms will get sticky-you might have to clean them in between forming cookies.
Bake cookies one sheet at a time for 15 to twenty minutes. The cookies will flip golden brown and can arrange. You need the coconut to be toasted on the highest and backside.
Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes or till they’re agency and set. Remove with a spatula onto a cooling rack.
Melt chocolate in a microwave secure bowl. Make positive you retain stirring the chocolate each 20 seconds or so till chocolate is melted and clean. You also can use a double broiler on the range to soften the chocolate.
Lay out a big piece of parchment paper. Dip the cookies into the chocolate-just so the bottoms are lined in candies. Set dipped cookies on the paper to dry. Dip the entire cookies. If you’ve further chocolate drizzle the tops with chocolate, if desired.
Let the cookies sit till the chocolate is about. Enjoy!
Calories: 223kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 82mg, Potassium: 212mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 40IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 46mg, Iron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a remark under and share a photograph on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod