You may have noticed wellness brands advertising hemp products containing delta-8 THC and wondered how a psychoactive cannabinoid could be legal and, more importantly, safe when cannabis is still illegal at the federal level. Delta-8 is a plant compound, or phytocannabinoid, derived from hemp, which is how it’s sold legally, like CBD. However, delta-8 is more comparable to delta-9 THC, or what gets you high from cannabis plants. But thanks to the Farm Bill of 2018, the cultivation and sale of hemp and hemp-derived products are now legal nationwide. As a result, companies such as the Florida-based company Diamond CBD can legally sell products such as delta-8 carts. These cartridges are filled with liquid delta-8 THC and can be used in a vape pen, making it the perfect option for those looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy the effects of this natural compound. Delta-8 can give users euphoria, pain relief, stress reduction, improved sleep, and much more.
Choosing the Right Delta-8 Carts for You
However, as with CBD, not all delta-8 is created equally. While delta-8 THC comes naturally from hemp, a safe and non-toxic plant, there are still nasty companies out there who sidestep testing, use questionable filler ingredients, and skip other standard industry practices of quality control to make a quick buck. As a result, while delta-8 is generally safe, there are some things to look out for when shopping for delta-8 vapes.
To learn more about what consumers should consider before purchasing a delta-8 vape, Diamond CBD, known for their signature delta-8 carts, shared the following tips on ensuring that you’re only vaping the highest quality product on the market.
- All reputable online vendors will ensure that their delta-8 carts go through rigorous third-party testing, a standard practice in the industry that guarantees product quality and safety. If a company doesn’t do third-party testing, which means that an outside, unbiased party deems the product up to par, don’t trust it.
- It’s also essential to distinguish between delta-8 carts and electronic cigarettes. Unlike popular electronic cigarettes and vaporizers sold in gas stations and supermarkets, delta-8 cartridges are entirely free of tobacco and nicotine. This means delta-8 carts do not pose the same tobacco-related health risks. However, please talk to your doctor before trying out any vaporizer.
- Make sure the company is based in the United States. Buying from American companies helps ensure the product is held to high manufacturing and safety standards.
- Check the company’s website. For instance, from FAQ sections and in-depth blogs to detailed product descriptions and ingredients lists, Diamond CBD provides everything consumers need to know about delta-8 THC to make informed decisions about whether or not this cannabinoid is right for them. Wherever you buy from, like Diamond CBD, the seller should use complete transparency regarding their products and services.
- Following the above point, when looking for delta-8 vapes, the THC percentage in each delta-8 cart should be clearly labeled, as well as any other active ingredients.
Now that you know how to find a reputable source, the final and most fun (except for enjoying it) aspect of shopping for delta-8 cartridges is to understand what you’re looking for. Generally, cannabis and hemp products are broken into three categories: Sativas, indicas, and hybrids. Sativas are known as the energetic and uplifting variety, while indica is associated with calm and tranquility. Hybrids allow consumers to experience a combo-platter of the two and the best of both worlds. Increasingly, cannabis and hemp connoisseurs are more interested in an entire strain profile, as dividing products into three categories can be limiting, although it’s a helpful starting point.
Ready to shop? Check out Diamond CBD’s variety of delta-8 vapes and enjoy a trusted and legal lift-off.