Health and Fitness

Fire causes $200,000 damage to Elgin house

No injuries were reported after fire broke out late Monday night in an Elgin home, causing an estimated $200,000 in damage, officials said.

Firefighters were called to the home on the 0-100 block of Devonshire Circle just before 11 p.m. after passing police officers reported seeing flames and smoke from the back of the residence.

It took fire crews nearly 40 minutes to extinguish the blaze, but they were able to contain it mainly to the roof and attic of the one-story, single-family home.

Fire officials believe unextinguished embers in the fireplace may have sparked the fire.

The home was deemed uninhabitable.

        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        
        





Source link

x