Heads up, magnificence gurus! After twenty years tending to among the most recognizable tresses on the globe—together with these of all the Kardashian sisters and Megan Fox—movie star hairstylist Andrew Fitzsimons has lastly launched his very personal haircare model.
And it’s not solely salon-performance, however accessibly-priced.
The line—Andrew Fitzsimons Haircare—launches with 26 care and styling merchandise at present, accessible solely at Boots places in Ireland and the UK and Boots.co.uk at present (with a US launch in Ulta quickly to comply with), priced between £9 and £13.
“I’ve known for quite some time that I wanted to disrupt this sector of the haircare market,” Fitzsimons tells me. “I come from a humble background, so it’s been my dream to create products for women like my mum who aren’t able to spend £40 on a shampoo but absolutely deserve a great experience.”
Fitzsimons and his staff have spent 4 years creating the model behind the scenes, solely revealing small hints that an eponymous model is likely to be within the wings by way of Instagram during the last month.
“I’ve been dying to put this brand out into the world for so long,” he continues. “When I started work on it we obviously didn’t know there would be a global pandemic.”
Still, the sudden delay gave Fitzsimons time to refine all formulation and lengthen the model’s preliminary providing into 5 mix-and-match haircare collections, plus a styling vary:
• VIRGIN REPAIR LINE WITH CERAMIDES FOR DAMAGED HAIR: Ideal for broken and/or weakened hair, this assortment strengthens the hair construction with an modern components that includes ceramides that works to revitalize and regenerate dry, broken hair, defending towards additional breakage from chemical, thermal, environmental stressors and styling results.
Products embody: Restructuring Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Restructuring Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, Restructuring Mask (UK solely), £13.00, AF1 Restructuring Leave-in Conditioner, £11.00/€16.99, and Restructuring Serum, £13.00/€16.99.
• FANTASY CURLS LINE WITH AMINO ACIDS FOR 3A-4C CURL TYPES: Formulated to cater to 3A-4C curls, this nourishing assortment gives lengthy lasting curl definition for easy, manageable, bouncy curls. Containing amino acids for energy and pro-keratin to rejuvenate dry hair, controlling quantity and taming frizz with out stripping the hairs pure oils.
Products embody: Nourishing Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Nourishing Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, Nourishing Mask, £13.00/€16.99, Nourishing Serum, £13.00/€16.99, Curl Crème, £11.00/€14.49, Curl Amplify Texture Spray (UK solely), £11.00, and Detangle, Define & Refresh Spray (UK solely), £11.00.
• BODY VOLUME LINE WITH CAFFEINE: Ideal for skinny and tremendous hair, this distinctive product assortment formulated with caffeine is designed to nourish, texturize and elevate including weightless physique and conditioning therapies that fill in lacking keratin discovered naturally in hair follicles give hair a delicate weightless end for lasting form. Products embody: Boosting Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Boosting Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, and Blowdry Hold Spray, £9.00/€11.99.
• PRISM SHINE LINE WITH HYALURONIC ACID: Suitable for many hair varieties, this assortment is designed to supply excessive shine, moisturize and scale back frizz whereas bettering manageability and defending from the return of dullness. Infused with a Hyaluronic Acid protein complicated, this vary replenishes fibers from root to tip, detangling and softening leaving strands silky, supple and with most shine. Products embody: Glossy Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Glossy Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, and Invisible Shine Spray, £11.00/€14.49.
• AMYTHEST BLONDE LINE WITH ULTRAVIOLET PIGMENT FOR BLONDE AND HIGHLIGHTED HAIR: Ideal for blonde and highlighted hair, this assortment restores gloss, shine and revives color luminosity on blonde and highlighted hair. The purple formulation work to ship lasting safety towards brassy and yellow tones whereas replenishing hydration and soften hair, giving a deeply nourishing therapy.
Products embody: Purple Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, Purple Conditioner, £9.00/€11.99, Purple Mask, £11.00/€14.49, and Purple Leave-In Spray (UK solely), £13.00.
• STYLING: This high-performance styling assortment addresses all hairstyling wants. The merchandise are a mixture of modern formulation and perfected luxury- impressed classics, all together with Aurascent TechnologyTM.
This long-lasting scent know-how envelopes hair strands with a divine perfume, permitting scent notes of citrus, inexperienced florals and creamy wooden notes regularly launch. This leaves hair feeling sublimely refreshed between washes.
The Styling vary might be cocktailed with every other merchandise from the model. Products embody: HARD Strong Hold Hairspray, £9.00/€11.99, DISCREET AF Dry Shampoo, £9.00/€11.99, MODEL Volume Wave Spray, £11.00/€14.49, and APRES SEXE Texture Spray, £9.00/€11.99.
And in addition to being vegan and cruelty free, all merchandise are formulated with a proprietary ‘AF Bonding System’—an modern protein-based complicated that creates highly effective hydrogen and ionic bonds contained in the keratin hair construction, constructing elasticity and energy from inside.
All of which felt like a tall however important order to Fitzsimons.
“With all due respect to the luxury brands—many of which I am a fan!—one of the most important lessons I’ve learned is that creating high quality, effective hair products is less expensive than you might think,” he admits.
“Don’t get me wrong, creating a hair brand is still quite expensive—that was a big key lesson!—but you don’t necessarily have to spend exponentially more to create a luxurious experience.”
The tougher job, in actual fact, was placing the best staff in place to execute his imaginative and prescient. Fitzsimons spent two years assembly with varied companions, distributors, producers, and creatives to get the combo proper.
“Until now, a lot of the hair business has been responsible of recycling the identical concepts, so it was essential for me to discover a staff that was obsessed with doing issues otherwise.
“There has been such a binary way of selling to women that is not to their benefit, so I wanted to make sure everyone on my team also believed that we should be creating and selling in a more responsible way.”
He additionally wanted individuals who have been ready to face the problem of marrying that duty with a provocative, excessive idea, excessive efficiency luxurious expertise–one thing that many manufacturers shrink back from.
“Lots of occasions, when manufacturers launch, we see them provide merchandise for straighter hair varieties and add curl strains later—or vice versa. My curl line is the most important vary within the assortment, and we’ve got ranges for all hair varieties.
“It sounds so simple, but finding people who are willing to do things outside the norm was crucial!”
As an ally of the Trans neighborhood, Fitzsimons has already employed a cosmetics donation program with the TransWellness Center in Los Angeles and Andrew Fitzsimons Haircare will comply with swimsuit as associate of this group, in addition to the London LGBTQ+ Community Center.
“In many ways, this brand was inspired by the astute business acumen of my clients,” he notes. “I have learnt so much from some of the smartest businesswomen in the world and I am very grateful for their generosity in sharing with me.”
Not that the model means he’s going to maneuver away from shopper work.
“This is a real glimpse ‘behind the Instagram curtain’,” he jokes. “I’ve been working on this brand while working with my clients nonstop for the past few years! I just haven’t been able to share the brand work on social media like I do with my client work.”
Lately, his days usually contain waking up early for conferences along with his staff in Europe, working with celebrities, afternoon conferences along with his US counterparts—then typically returning to work with purchasers once more later within the day.
“Before that, I used to be spending all of my accessible time engaged on ideas for the marketing campaign, testing formulation, giving notes on packaging, sourcing fashions, storyboarding for social media content material…typically whereas on the street with purchasers!
“It’s definitely a balancing act but I see it continuing like this for the foreseeable future.”